CONTINUATION: a "Square Element" in flat peyote stitich
- round 5: ***pick up 2 beads in color B and go through the next bead which is in color B
- note: you do no longer skip a bead in the corner
- pick up a color A, skip a bead and go through the next bead, pick up a color A, skip a bead and go through the next bead, pick up a color A, skip a bead and go through the next bead***
- repeat ***...*** three more times
- to summarize: each side in regular peyote adds an extra bead in each row, each corner is made by adding 2 beads
- make a step-up
- to finish, you add only one bead in each corner instead of two beads and do the rest in regular peyote
- attach your thread by zigzagging through your work piece
- have fun !
- for a larger center, start with: 4 times (5 beads in color A and 1 bead in color B), thus a total of 24 beads or 4 times (7 beads in color A and 1 bead in color B) giving a total of 32 beads
- for a larger square: simply add more rounds
- you could also use seed beads instead of tubular seed beads (type Delica)
- of course, you could make the “Square Element” in a single color or in as many different colors as you want
- in round 3, you could add two beads in the corners instead of three beads creating a regular herringbone effect in the corners, but the final shape will be a little less square
- for a bracelet: connect several squares by attaching bugle beads in between them
We used the following beads:
Thank you for choosing your beads and finding @ https://dunebeads.com/en/ !
Happy day, see you soon!